Will you still carry out sign-ups for new homes?
Yes - our vision is for everyone to have the opportunity to have a place that they can call home, so sign-ups for homes remain an essential part of our service.
To keep our customers and colleagues as safe as possible, we’re temporarily changing the way we do sign ups, as follows:
• Before booking a sign up, our Lettings team will contact you to ask you some questions to see if you or anyone in your household has coronavirus symptoms or is self-isolating
• If you are self-isolating, don’t worry - we will hold the property for you and arrange a virtual viewing (sharing either video or photos) so you can see the property and ask any questions you may have
• Once your self-isolation is complete, we’ll be in touch again within 24 hours and ask you to confirm if the property is suitable and if you’d like to complete the sign-up
• Please note that unfortunately we can’t hold a property if you choose not to sign up during the current government lockdown or if you are self-isolating for longer than 14 days
• If you are not self-isolating, we will carry out the sign up in person but have put in place additional health and safety measures to reduce the risk of infection
• These include checking the property before you arrive, using hand sanitiser/gloves, avoiding excessive handling of paperwork, and maintaining a distance of at least 2m between you and the Stonewater colleague throughout the visit, including signing the tenancy agreement
• Instead of taking a card payment at the sign-up, we will contact you within five working days to collect up to two weeks’ rent and set up a Direct Debit