If you have a problem in your home, community, or with a Stonewater service, the first thing we'll do is try to sort out any concerns you may have and find a solution.
We have lots of information to help you manage your home, including pages on:
But if something has gone wrong and we haven’t been able to put it right, you can make a formal complaint to us.
We're committed to learning from every complaint we receive and improving things so we don’t repeat mistakes. By doing this, our aim is to deliver great customer experience as often as possible.
Landlords like Stonewater are also required to complete an annual assessment against the Complaints Handling Code to make sure our complaint handling remains in line with the Housing Ombudsman’s requirements. You can read ours here.
Find out everything you need to know about making a complaint in our guide (available in your language) or watch our video below.
If you're ready to make your complaint, jump to how to make a complaint.
Guide to making a complaint
Read our guide to making a complaint in your language.
- English - Guide to making a complaint Download410.37 KB
- English - large print Download124.81 KB
- Arabic - دليل الشكاوى Download233.84 KB
- Bengali - অভিযোগ নির্দেশনা Download198.35 KB
- Gujarati - ફરિયાદ માર્ગદર્શિકા Download205.62 KB
- Italian - Guida ai reclami Download135.43 KB
- Polish - Przewodnik dotyczący składania skarg Download141.90 KB
- Portuguese - Guia de Reclamações Download103.65 KB
- Punjabi (India) - ਸ਼ਿਕਾਇਤ ਗਾਈਡ Download176.17 KB
- Romanian - Ghid de reclamații Download141.19 KB
- Spanish - Guía para presentar reclamaciones Download101.75 KB
- Urdu - شکایات گائیڈ Download200.73 KB
How will you deal with my complaint?
How will you deal with my complaint?
Our customer commitments set out how we'll deal with your complaint.
- Acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days from when the complaint is received
- Provide a formal response within 10 working days from when the complaint is received
- Accept where we get things wrong, put it right and learn from our mistakes.
I would like independent advice about my complaint. What can I do?
If you have a complaint about Stonewater and would like independent advice or guidance about your complaint you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service. You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service at any point a complaint is being dealt with through our process.
The Housing Ombudsman cannot investigate your complaint whilst it is going through our internal complaints process, but the Ombudsman may be able to help support in reaching a resolution.
If you've made a complaint to us and are not happy with the outcome, you can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service after you receive our final response. The Housing Ombudsman Service is free and impartial, providing dispute resolution for landlords and customers.
You can contact the Housing Ombudsman Service in any of the following ways:
- Through their website
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 0300 111 3000 (9:15am - 5:15pm, Monday to Friday)
- By post: Housing Ombudsman Service, PO Box 152, Liverpool L33 7WQ
The Housing Ombudsman has put in place a Complaint Handling Code, which provides a framework to support the effective handling and prevention of complaints.
The purpose of the Code is to enable landlords to resolve complaints raised by their residents quickly and to use the learning from complaints to make service improvements. Compliance with the Code forms part of the membership obligations set out in the Housing Ombudsman Scheme.
Landlords are encouraged to promote the Code and to share the outcome of their self-assessment with residents. See our self-assessment here.
Does my feedback make a difference?
Complaints, like all customer feedback we receive, are incredibly important to us here at Stonewater. They tell us where customers think we should improve and help us to review our services, making sure the same things don’t go wrong for you, and all our other customers, in the future.
To find out how we learn from complaints, you can check out our Learning from Complaints blogs on the customer hubb.
You can make a complaint in any of the following ways: