Retirement living customers
We're working to ensure your homes are as safe as possible during the coronavirus pandemic.
We understand that many of you will be feeling anxious and concerned during this uncertain time and we want to reassure you that we are here to support you.
To keep you as safe as possible, we need to do things differently for our retirement living customers. This means you will see some changes to our usual service.
Your communal areas including guest rooms and communal lounges will continue to have restrictions on usage. They will start to look different as we implement the necessary measures to ensure we are providing a Covid safe environment. This will include but not be limited to:
• NHS Guidance posters around the scheme showing the importance of good hand hygiene and social distancing
• Guidance on recommended numbers in confined spaces, such as the laundry where such measures are deemed necessary
• 2m guidance floor markers in communal corridors
• Removal of excess furniture that does not support 2m social distancing in communal spaces around your scheme
• NHS Test and Trace system – we will be asking visitors to supply us with contact details, date and time of visits to ensure we can respond effectively to any localised cases of Covid-19
• Installation of hand sanitising stations at all entrances to schemes or bottles of sanitisers in prominent places
We have a directory of local support available to help you at this time. This includes healthcare, help from your local council, community groups who can support you, assistance with food deliveries and shopping, and opportunities to improve your health and wellbeing (e.g. through telephone befriending).
If you would like to find out more about accessing local support, please raise this during your daily welfare call with a Stonewater staff member (this will usually be your Service Delivery Officer). Support options vary between different local authorities, so they will be able to direct you to the help available in your area.