We carry out water risk assessments to all properties where stored water is present so we can make sure there is no bacterial growth in our water services.
We also carry out:
- water temperature checks
- water sampling
- water contamination or bacterial infestation checks
- Keep your hot water storage temperature at a minimum of 60°C/140°F. You can control the temperature using your hot water cylinder or combination boiler.
- If you’ve been away for a few days or you’re just moving in, run your taps for a few moments to flush them through until the water cools down or heats up to the correct temperature.
- If you're going on holiday for more than two weeks, consider turning the stop cock off and running your taps and flushing your toilet. This is so water doesn't sit in the pipes or cistern while you're away as this can allow bacteria to grow.
- When rinsing food or other items, don't allow them to touch the spout of the tap.
- Clean showerheads and taps regularly to prevent limescale from building up.
- After cleaning showerheads and taps, always run the water for several moments to remove any cleaning product.
- Run hot water through taps and showers for about 5 to 10 minutes once every three months.
Please get in touch with us to arrange for your service to be checked if you notice your hot water system is:
- making excessive noise
- producing unusually hot water
- producing steam
Report a safety concern
If you’re worried about water safety or have other building safety concerns, please contact us at email@example.com