Paying your rent
Paying your rent is the most important payment you need to make.
**If you have concerns about paying your rent as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, please visit our dedicated pages**
To see how we set your rent, please click here.
We’re introducing a new way to contact customers about their rent accounts. If you get an automated call or text from 01202 618894, please be assured that it is safe and is from Stonewater.
This number is a non-reply messaging service that we’re using to contact customers who may need support with their payments. If you get a call or text from 01202 618894, do take the call and when asked, press 1, which is a Freephone number so you won’t be charged.
A call or text from 01202 618894 means you’ll be put straight through to an income officer who will be able to talk to you confidentially about your account and offer support.
How to pay
The quickest and easiest way to pay is by logging into MyHome - the new way to manage your Stonewater account.
With MyHome, you can make a secure online payment wherever and whenever it's most convenient for you. You can also set up a Direct Debit to save you having to remember each time your rent is due.
MyHome also gives you access to lots of other services all in one place, such as viewing your account details and reporting repairs. Registering is simple, so if you haven't signed up yet, why not do so here.
Other ways to pay:
- By Direct Debit from your bank You can also set up a Direct Debit by calling us on 01202 319119 with your bank details (sort code and account number).
- Allpay – paying online is quick, convenient and secure. You will need your payment reference number. Call us on 01202 319119 if you are not sure what your reference number is.
- By using the Allpay app – if you own an Apple, Windows or Android smartphone you can now download the Allpay app. It’s free and allows you to pay at anytime and anywhere.
- By text (Allpay)– register your details here. You will need your payment reference number.
- By phone (Allpay) on 0330 041 6497 – this is an automated 24-hour service. You will need your payment reference number.
- By payment card at a Post Office or PayPoint outlet
- Via a Credit Union
When to pay
Depending on your tenancy agreement your rent will be due either:
- Weekly (to be paid one week in advance at all times)*
- Monthly (to be paid one month in advance at all times)
*You may choose to pay weekly, every two weeks or even monthly if you have a weekly rent agreement.
What to do if you have a problem with payment
Your rent is the most important payment you need to make and is a priority above other bills or debts. If you are having problems paying your rent, the most important thing to do is to let us know as soon as possible.
You can contact us by:
- Email - via our online enquiry form
- Phone - call us on 01202 319119
If you need additional support:
What happens if you don't pay your rent
If you get into financial difficulties and cannot pay your rent, we will do our best to support you. However, if you continue to fail to pay your rent or meet any agreed payment plans, we will have no choice but to take legal action and you could lose your home.
If you get into financial difficulties and cannot pay your rent, please contact us immediately so that we can discuss the situation with you and offer advice on your options.
If you fall into arrears we will:
- Contact you to arrange for your payments to be brought up to date
- Issue a ‘Notice Of Seeking Possession Of Your Property’ (if you continue to fail to make payments after our initial contact with you)
Further details can be found in our Income Management Policy.