Moving, swapping or leaving your home

If you need to move from your Stonewater home to another home, you can do this by a transfer, by swapping your home and then when you've found a move, by ending your tenancy. 

Home swap (also called a mutual exchange) allows you to exchange properties with another Stonewater resident, a tenant of a local authority or another housing association.

We provide access for all Stonewater residents to use HomeSwapper, which allows you to advertise your home and view homes available for Exchange. 

Please note:

  • HomeSwapper is our only preferred mutual exchange method. We do not endorse any other third party sites.
  • There are some conditions you'll need to meet before you can do a mutual exchange.  If you wish to swap your home, the best thing to do is to contact us and we can talk you through your options.
  • If you'd like to swap with a tenant who is not a Stonewater tenant, both landlords must agree to the exchange taking place.

For more information, take a look at our mutual exchange fact sheet.

​If you've found somewhere else to live, you will need to end your tenancy with us. Please see our FAQ sheet at the bottom of this page.

Find out more

Mutual exchange fact sheet


Mutual exchange guidance


Mutual exchange checklist


Ending my tenancy FAQs

A young couple outside their home