Social Activity & Social Inclusion Volunteer
Love organising Social Activities? ….. Yes then this the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a great opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles. A full induction will be provided, together with access to core e-learning training and one-to-one supervision. You can volunteer from just one hour a week.
What you will be involved in:
- Facilitate activities and support the involvement of external facilitators such as art clubs, book clubs, craft sessions, coffee mornings, music and singing groups, garden clubs, and memory (improvement) games
- Work with resident groups to build confidence so they feel able to independently facilitate some of the activities
- Organise talks on topics identified by Stonewater and its residents such as: safety in the home, energy advice, money matters – income maximisation
- Identify, build and maintain a database of contacts and organisations that provide social inclusion and social activity services to older people: e.g.
Royal Voluntary Service, Independent Age, Contact the Elderly, Silver Line
- Establishing relationships with resident groups in order to identify what activities they enjoy; including carrying out surveys
What’s in it for you?
- We can give you an opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles
- An opportunity to gain new experience
- We provide a full induction
- Excellent core e-learning training and additional training relevant to the role including NVQ’s
- One-to-one supervision
- We will cover out-of-pocket expenses
- Funding for training provided
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
Interested? Then get in touch..
Please complete and return a copy of our Stonewater Notification of Interest Form to our friendly HR and Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Activity & Social Inclusion DescriptionDownload