Social Activity & Social Inclusion Volunteer
Love organising Social Activities? ….. Yes then this the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a great opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles. A full induction will be provided, together with access to core e-learning training and one-to-one supervision. You can volunteer from just one hour a week.
What you will be involved in:
- Facilitate activities and support the involvement of external facilitators such as art clubs, book clubs, craft sessions, coffee mornings, music and singing groups, garden clubs, and memory (improvement) games
- Work with resident groups to build confidence so they feel able to independently facilitate some of the activities
- Organise talks on topics identified by Stonewater and its residents such as: safety in the home, energy advice, money matters – income maximisation
- Identify, build and maintain a database of contacts and organisations that provide social inclusion and social activity services to older people: e.g.
Royal Voluntary Service, Independent Age, Contact the Elderly, Silver Line
- Establishing relationships with resident groups in order to identify what activities they enjoy; including carrying out surveys
What’s in it for you?
- We can give you an opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles
- An opportunity to gain new experience
- We provide a full induction
- Excellent core e-learning training and additional training relevant to the role including NVQ’s
- One-to-one supervision
- We will cover out-of-pocket expenses
- Funding for training provided
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
Interested? Apply through our portal
Please follow the link below to complete your volunteer application form. Make sure you select which areas interest you so that we can look for the most suitable opportunities.
Social Activity & Social Inclusion DescriptionDownload