Active Ageing & Health Engagement Volunteer
Interested in Health and Wellbeing? ….. Yes then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a great opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles. A full induction will be provided, together with access to core e-learning training and one-to-one supervision. You can volunteer from just one hour a week.
We’re looking for someone who is a strong listener and an excellent communicator, with outstanding interpersonal skills, and a natural ability to teach and motivate others.
What you will be involved in:
• Identify, build and maintain contacts and relationships with organisations that provide improved health and wellbeing, early intervention and preventative health services and advice to older people. Examples include, falls prevention, healthy eating, active lifestyle and improving mental wellbeing
• Establish relationships with identified individuals to support them to engage with local health and preventative health services
• Work alongside mentor to organise health check surgeries across retirement living schemes
• Enhance retirement living schemes as localised ‘health hubs’ by networking with the local community and appropriate agencies
• Coordinate health related national awareness day events
• Refer individuals to ‘community engagement volunteer’ as needed
What’s in it for you?
• We can give you an opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles
• An opportunity to gain new experience
• We provide a full induction
• Excellent core e-learning training and additional training relevant to the role including NVQ’s
• One-to-one supervision
• We will cover out-of-pocket expenses
• Funding for training provided
This will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
Interested? Apply through our portal
Please follow the link below to complete your volunteer application form. Make sure you select which areas interest you so that we can look for the most suitable opportunities.
Active Ageing & Health Engagement Volunteer descriptionDownload