Building rural communities
Meeting the rural housing need is a key area of our development at Stonewater, to ensure that everyone has an opportunity to have a place they can call home. We are committed to providing responsbily-built, affordable homes to help meet the current shortage in these areas.
To find out more about our rural developments at Stonewater, and our commitment to leading the way in this area you can take a look at our brochure below.
Rural Housing Week 2020
Last year, we marked Rural Housing Week by hosting a webinar with peers from across the sector, to highlight rural issues and discuss the importance of rural housing. Our Special Projects Manager, Charlotte Brace also wrote a blog about her experiences working in rural housing areas to deliver much needed homes.
On the panel there was:
- Jonathan Layzell: Executive Director of Development, Stonewater
- Nicholas Harris: Chief Executive, Stonewater
- Martin Collett: Chief Executive, English Rural Housing
- Monica Burns: Head of Member Relations, National Housing Federation
- Sian Griffiths: Director, RCA Generation Ltd
To learn more about why rural housing developments are so important, the challenges and rewards of developing this type of scheme, and how further progress can be made, have a listen to the recording of the event below.
You can view the presentation here.