Markwick Close, Kington
Markwick Close is a Retirement Living scheme consisting of 18 spacious two bedroom bungalows and two disabled adapted bungalows. Bungalows benefit from their own private gardens.
Markwick Close can be found close to the centre of Kington being only a few minutes walk from the main shopping area you have all the advantages of town living. Markwick is close to strong transport links with the closest bus stop a mere 15 meters away.
Additional benefits at Markwick Close include:
- Parking for tenants and visitors
- Level access to properties
- Domestic pets are allowed with written permission e.g. Fish, small birds, well behaved dogs may visit but must be managed at all times.
- Wifi available for residents to use in Community room
- Community room where residents enjoy regular coffee mornings, bingo, special lunches and trips out, on occasions joined by other townspeople. (available for hire*)
* The community room at Markwick Close is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
At Markwick Close Stonewater provide a home visit on a weekly basis to assist with tenancy support. When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7) available for you to purchase if required.
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services Eg rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a bungalow in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
Kington, HR5 3UE