Merlin Lodge, Southampton
Merlin Lodge is a Retirement Living scheme on the edge of Southampton Water (Weston Shore) and consists of 33 one-bedroom flats and three two-bedroom flats. All have their own individual entrance via an internal corridor for added security. The ground floor apartments are for those with limited mobility and first floor apartments are accessed via a lift.
The stretch of water close to Merlin Lodge provides an ideal view spot to watch the cruise liners and ferries leaving Southampton.
Southampton city centre is a ten minute bus ride away over the Itchen Bridge, where there are several restaurants, a large shopping complex (West Quay) and cinemas. There's also a large theatre which regularly holds shows from the West End.
There's a ferry terminal in the city with frequent ferries to the Isle of Wight and Hythe. The picturesque New Forest can easily be visited by rail or bus and takes around one hour.
Additional benefits at Merlin Lodge include:
- A laundry room onsite.
- A guest suite for visitors (nominal charge).
- A large community day room sporting kitchen facilities for residents (available for hire*)
- Large communal gardens with and outdoor seating and picnic areas
- A communal room which is acts as the hub for day to day activities.
- An active social committee, where residents like to arrange regular trips and functions
- Private parking for residents and visitors (limited availability)
* The community room at Merlin Lodge is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7)
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services Eg rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on01202 319119
Merlin Lodge- 2 Wharf Road, Woolston, Soutampton, SO19 9DS