Highland Lodge, Eastbourne
Highland Lodge is a Retirement Living scheme located one and a half miles from Eastbourne town centre. The scheme comprises of a mixture of bedsits, one-bedroom flat and two-bedroom flats. 12 are situated within the main building with the remaining properties located throughout the scheme grounds.
Highland Lodge is positioned on a hill offering panoramic views over the town and coastline.
The nearest shops to the scheme are a 15-20 minute walk away although there's a bus stop near by. Higland Lodge also benefits from easy access to the A22.
Eastbourne town centre has a good range of shops and leisure facilities and direct train links to London.
Additional benefits at Highland Lodge include:
- A laundry room onsite.
- A large community day room sporting kitchen facilities for residents (available for hire*)
- Residents hold regular coffee mornings and there is a Knit and Natter group that meet on a Monday afternoon. Residents have fish & chip lunches every other week.
- Large communal gardens with indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- Two guest suites for visitors (nominal charge).
- The communal room which is acts as the hub for day to day activities.
- Limited private parking and garages for residents and visitors (limited availability)
* The community room at Highland Lodge is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7)
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services Eg rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
Highland Lodge 17 Carew Road Eastbourne BN21 2JQ