Cornmill House, Glossop
Cornmill House is a Retirement Living scheme consisting of 38 one-bedroom apartments and one two-bedroom self-contained apartment, located in the Old Glossop Ward area (adjacent to Manor Park). Flats benefit from their own entrance accessed off an internal corridor for added security.
Cornmill House is located on the picturesque edge of the Peak District with beautiful views of the countryside. It is approximately 300 meters to the town centre with all the main shops, a local market and a bustling main square.
Buses run regularly into Ashton-Under-Lyne and there's a quick rail service to Manchester.
The nearest GP and pharmacy are within a five minute walk.
Additional benefits at Cornmill House include:
- Private parking for tenants and visitors
- Community room and kitchen where social events take place (available for hire*)
- Regular social activities, including regular functions for residents such as seated exercise, coffee mornings, quiz nights, monthly entertainment and guest speakers.
- Landscaped internal gardens and well appointed communal seating.
- The scheme also benefits from frozen or hot meal delivery service, mobile hairdresser, visiting opticians and visiting chiropodists.
- The scheme provides a door entry system for your safety and security
- Recently benefitting from an upgrade to heating and fire alarm systems
* The community room at Cornmill House is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7) available for you to purchase if required.
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services e.g. rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
Cornmill House, King Edward Avenue Glossop. SK13 7QT