The Lodge, Clapham
The Lodge is a Retirement Living scheme consisting of 30 flats. There are 27 one-bedroom and three two-bedroom apartments - ground and first floor properties all with their own individual entrance. Flats benefit from their own entrance accessed off an internal corridor for added security.
The Lodge is located in the picturesque village of Clapham just 10 minutes drive from Bedford Town Centre. It is close to local amenities with a new GP surgery 10 minutes walk away. There's a parade of shops within the village that includes a chemist and there's also a large supermarket 10 minutes drive away.
There is an excellent bus service that will take you into Bedford town Centre which has an abundance of shops to meet all your needs. Take a 360 virtual tour of The Lodge, Bedford here.
- Private parking for tenants and visitors
- Community room and kitchen where social events take place (available for hire*)
- Regular social activities organised by our social committee
- Secure landscaped gardens and a patio area for you to enjoy.
- Communal laundry is available to residents
- Wiltshire Farm Food delivery service to scheme
- The scheme benefits from a mobile library service and meals on wheels
* The community room at The Lodge is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7)
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services E.g. rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
High Street, Clapham, Bedford, MK41 6AJ