Highgates is a Retirement Living scheme consisting 38 self contained one bedroom flats at Highgates in Derby. The flats are accessed by secure doors and all communal flats are accessed by their own front doors. The communal block has lifts and stairs to access all floors and the two story blocks have stairs and stair lifts.
Highgates is set close to Derby City Centre which has lots of retail, leisure and local services. There is a bus station offering services throughout Derbyshire and services to Nottingham. Junction 25 of the M1 is approximately five miles away.
Additional benefits at Highgates include:
- Private parking for tenants and visitors
- Community room and kitchen where social events take place (available for hire*)
- Regular social activities including regular functions for residents such as coffee mornings, evening social activities, bingo and visitors.
- Air sourced heating
- Communal gardens and well appointed communal seating.
- Communal laundry is available to residents
- The scheme provides a door entry system for your safety and security
- A scooter store (weekly charge applied and subject to availability)
* The community room at Highgates is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7) available for you to purchase if required.
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services E.g. rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on01202 319119
Highgates, Back Sitwell Street Derby DE1 2LR