Direct Debit is a simple and safe way of paying rent automatically from your bank or building society account.
Paying by direct debit can help you to keep on top of your payments by ensuring that your rent is paid regularly and on time.
How to set up a Direct Debit to pay your rent
Setting up a direct debit to pay your rent is quick and easy. You can either:
- Log into your MyHome account and complete a request to pay by direct debit. Your request will be reviewed by Stonewater and set up with Allpay.
- Call us on 01202 319119 and let us know that you wish to pay your rent by Direct Debit. We will set this up for you during the call and the amount and day of payment will be agreed with you.
Note: You will need your bank details to hand during this call (your sort code and account number).
As confirmation that the direct debit has been set up, you will receive a letter from Allpay who administer the direct debits on Stonewater's behalf.
The letter will confirm the amount and date of the direct debit and will also include a copy of the direct debit guarantee.
Direct Debit FAQs
What is the Direct Debit guarantee?
The Direct Debit Guarantee allows payers an immediate refund where errors include:
- Taking payments on a date other than the due date
- Taking payments at a different frequency than that agreed
- Taking a payment of a different amount than agreed or notified
- Taking payment after a direct debit instruction has been cancelled
How often do I pay by Direct Debit?
A Direct Debit can be paid; weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly depending on what suits you best.
We suggest you set it up so it comes out of your bank account on the day you get paid or your benefits go into your bank account to ensure money is available to meet the payment.
You may be charged by your bank if you don’t have enough money in your account to cover the cost of the direct debit.
How much should I pay?
The amount you pay depends on how much rent you pay and how often you pay it.
Our Income team will be able to advise and help you work out the amount you should pay - get in touch.
What if my circumstances change?
We will give you 10 days’ notice of any change to the amount we are going to collect and you will always have the ability to cancel or change a Direct Debit at any time.
If you need to change the amount or cancel the Direct Debit we need to have 5 working days’ notice to make the change.