UK weather: Advice for customers
It doesn't look like we're quite over the extreme weather that the UK is experiencing. We've had two storms 'Ciara' and 'Dennis' and it looks like parts of England will be threatened with serious flooding for several days due to swollen rivers, the Environment Agency have warned. We hope you all managed to stay safe and will continue to take care if you’re in an area which has been affected.
If you live in an area at risk of flooding or which could be affected by service disruptions as a consequence of flooding, we are advising customers to take reasonable precautions such as assessing your home for any obvious repairs or leaks, ensuring valuable items are moved to higher ground and to ensure building and contents insurance is in place.
We’ve put together some helpful information below.
Please note: When adverse weather conditions occur, we may experience higher call volumes than normal. For the quickest and most effective response, follow the advice below to direct your enquiry to the appropriate organisation.
Storm Damage Repairs
In general we are responsible for the maintenance and repair of the building’s structure, exterior, fixtures and fittings, heating, hot water, electrical, gas and sanitation installations, kitchen and bathroom suites.
Areas most likely to have been affected by the recent storm are:
- Fencing - Fencing between properties and privacy panels are your responsibility. We will repair those in communal areas.
- Roof tiles - Slates and tiles are our responsibility and will be repaired by us.
- Sewerage drains - We will repair damage to drains and guttering. If there are any blockages to the main sewerage drains, please contact your water company.
- Tree damage or fallen trees - If a tree has fallen on our land please contact us and we’ll get this sorted. You are responsible for fallen branches in your garden.
- Power cut or electrical emergency - Visit the UK Power Network website for the latest information or call them on 0800 31 63 105.
- Flooding - It is always important to plan ahead and follow local advice. You can visit the government website for the latest flood warning information.
For other information, please see section 7 of our repairs handbook
If you need to report a repair
There are many ways you can report a repair to us:
- MyHome account
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our Customer Service Centre: 01202 319119 (please note our phone lines are open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, and 9am - 1pm on Saturday).
If you have an emergency outside of these hours, you will be transferred to our dedicated out-of-hours team who will help determine whether the repair needs to be attended to immediately. If the repair isn’t classed as an emergency, you’ll be asked to contact us during normal operating hours.
We understand that this can be a stressful time, so if you have any other enquiries and would like to speak to us directly please call us on 01202 319119.