Contents Insurance

All Stonewater homes (except for freehold Right to Buy houses) are covered by buildings insurance as standard, and this is arranged and paid for by Stonewater. This covers damage to the structure, fixtures and fittings inside all our homes. It doesn't cover damage to any contents, however this is caused.

Contents insurance is a policy which covers personal possessions - such as furniture, carpets, decorative items, televisions and white goods such as fridges, clothes, laptops and personal items.

We'd strongly recommend that all of our residents take out a contents insurance policy to protect their possessions. With this type of policy in place, you'll be able to claim for compensation from your insurers in case of loss or damage to the personal items in your home. Your insurance company will progress the claim for you, and you'll get a fast decision.

Most content insurers will also replace items on a 'new-for-old' basis.

My Home

All of our new residents are given details of the 'My Home' scheme, which is also open to our existing residents, offering some good features and easy ways to pay.

It offers a low-cost, flexible policy with no excess to pay. It also includes cover for sheds and garden furniture.

To apply simply download and complete the My Home application pack. The pack also provides information regarding the cost of Premiums and optional extras. In conjunction with the application pack, please ensure you read the related Important Terms of Business. (updated 02/10/18)

Further documentation:

If you have any questions, please email