Our responsibility to you
Stonewater has a responsibility to make sure you stay safe in your home.
We inspect all gas appliances, pipes and flues once a year. This ensures they are safe and comply with legal requirements. Unsafe appliances can kill.
What to do if you smell gas
If you smell gas or suspect there is a gas leak, call the free Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999.
If you know where the gas supply is, switch it off.
What to do:
- Open the doors and windows
- Make sure that there is easy access to your home
What not to do:
- Do not use a lighter
- Do not use matches
- Do not use electrical appliances or switches
- Do not light a naked flame
Your responsibility as a resident
- There are also some things that you can do to stay safe. It is your responsibility, for example, to ensure you check your own appliances once a year.
You must give us access to your home carry out any gas safety checks for your own safety and to fulfil our legal obligations. If you do not let us in, we will take legal action.