Chaldon road, Poole
Chaldon Road is located in Poole and caters for individuals with learning disabilities, the service provides 24 hour support.
Criteria and application procedure
- Mencap send out the application form
- Mencap and Stonewater representatives meet to consider the applications
- Stonewater will make the final decision on which applications are successful with regard to Mencap's views
Chaldon Road offers eight rooms for their tenants. Each of the tenants have their own room but share communal facilities such as the lounge, kitchen, bathrooms, conservatory and garden.
Help and Support
- There are always two or three members of staff based at the project throughout the day reducing to one sleep-in person overnight.
- The staff are there to ensure that support is offered to each individual but there is also the opportunity of independence.
- Mencap manages the project and is registered with the Care Quality Commission as a domiciliary care provider.
- Mencap provides general and housing related support whilst Stonewater provides housing management and a repairs service to the project.
Chaldon Road is funded through the Supporting People grant and the local authority community care budget. Some tenants may also receive direct payments to assist with living.
Canford Heath Poole Dorset BH17 8DB