Norfolk House, Leominster
Norfolk House is a Retirement Living scheme consisting of 30 spacious one bedroom flats situated on ground, first or second floor. Flats benefit from their own entrance accessed off an internal corridor for added security.
The scheme is ideally situated in the heart of the historic market town of Leominster. Close to local amenities with level walking access to shops and community services- including a “Friday Market”. A modern Leisure Centre is close to the scheme and includes a meeting centre for support groups. Good transport links within walking distance (train and bus stations) plus local taxi services. A modern Leisure centre is nearby with a meeting centre for support groups.
Additional benefits at Norfolk House include:
- A large communal room for dinning and other activities. (available for hire*)
- A separate communal lounge with french doors leading onto a garden providing a relaxing environment. Facilities for tenants include; a greenhouse, potting area and well appointed communal seating. (available for hire*)
- Norfolk House is a secure building with CCTV alarm systems and a fobbed door entry system.
- Lift access to upper floors from the front and rear entrance of the building.
- Parking for residents and visitors.
- Domestic pets are allowed with written permission e.g. Fish, small birds, well behaved dogs may visit but must be managed at all times.
- A communal laundry facility and a guest room are available for a small charge.
- For those residents who require a mobility scooter, a secure storage area is provided.
- Norfolk House has appointed a qualified caterer to support a social enterprise that utilises the commercial kitchen within the scheme (offering meals at a reasonable cost to tenants and the wider community).
- There is a qualified chef on site five days a week on a regular basis who creates healthy nutritional meals and caters for any special dietary requirements. Meals are served to residents and the wider community at reasonable prices. The catering at this property (supplied by BB & C Catering) received the top Food Hygene Rating from the Food Standards Agency (FSA) in October 2016. For the latest information on the FSA rating visit: http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/487598/BB-%26-C-Catering-Leominster
- Rooms available to the wider community and support networks. Catering can be provided with the hire including buffet lunches and meals if required. (available for hire*)
* The community room and other rooms at Norfolk House are available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
At Norfolk House Stonewater provide a home visit on a weekly basis to assist with tenancy support. When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7) available for you to purchase if required.
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services Eg rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
In addition to this Norfolk House benefits from a Wellbeing Tenancy Support officer available Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00. Their role is designed to meet resident’s needs and facilitate emotional support, health requirements and encourage social interaction. Visits take place according to each individual resident and their needs.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
Leominster , HR6 8AQ