Raglan Court, Whitley, Reading
Raglan Court is a Retirement Living scheme consisting of 27 self contained one-bedroom apartments with their own individual entrance via an internal corridor for added security. The ground floor apartments are for those with limited mobility and there is a lift for easy acess to the first and second floor apartments for those who prefer the security of living above ground floor.
Raglan Court is situated in a quiet area of Whitley on the outskirts of Reading and has recently benefited from a refurbishment.
It's close to local amenities with a parade of shops within a 15 minutes walk and local transport is excellent with a bus service every eight minutes from the bottom of Blagdon Road to Reading town centre - a one and a half mile journey away. Other transport services include, the “Readibus” service which collects elderly and disabled customers who pre-book in advance. The train station is two miles away and the Royal Berkshire hospital is only one and a half miles away.
Additional benefits at Raglan Court include:
- A laundry room onsite.
- A guest suite for visitors wishing to stay for a period of time (nominal charge).
- A large community day room sporting kitchen facilities for residents (available for hire*)
- Large communal gardens with and outdoor seating and picnic areas
- A communal room which is acts as the hub for day to day activities.
- Residents are encouraged to arrange regular trips and social functions
- Private parking for residents and visitors (limited availability)
* The community room at Raglan Court is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7)
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services Eg rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
Raglan Court, Blagdon Road, Reading, Berkshire RG2 7NQ