New Surrey Court, Eastbourne
New Surrey Court is a Retirement Living scheme situated in the popular district of Ocklynge - an area of Eastbournes old town. The scheme consists of 25 one-bedroom, self-contained flats accommodating one or two people. Flats benefit from their own entrance accessed via an internal corridor for added security.
The scheme benefits from having a convenience store next door with additional shopping at Green Street and Victoria Drive; both are located within half a mile and offer a range of amenities including a chemist and a doctors surgery.
There's a bus stop on the main road a short walk from the scheme and Eastbourne District Hospital is only a quarter of a mile away.
Eastbourne town centre is approximately two miles away offering a full range of shopping and leisure facilities.
The train service provides direct links to London.
Additional benefits at New Surrey Court include:
- A laundry room onsite.
- On site hairdressing salon
- A communal boiler - so residents don’t have the worry of arranging their own gas provider. Instead there is a weekly charge for heating and hot water (within your weekly service charge)
- An active social committee who arrange regular trips and functions for residents
- A large community day room sporting kitchen facilities for residents (available for hire*)
- Several local companies supply and deliver meals
- Large communal gardens with indoor and outdoor seating areas.
- A guest suite for visitors wishing to stay for a period of time (nominal charge).
- A communal room which is acts as the hub for day to day activities.
- Private parking for residents and visitors (limited availability)
* The community room at New Surrey Court is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7)
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services Eg rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
11 Avard Crescent, Eastbourne, East Sussex. BN20 8UD