Dalcross House, Dorset
Dalcross House is a Retirement Living scheme consisting of 35 self contained apartments located opposite Sea View Road - close to the Ashley Cross area of Parkstone. All apartments have one bedroom and their own individual entrance - accessed via an internal corridor for added security.
Dalcross House is a newly refurbished scheme which is ideally situated for access to Poole, Central Bournemouth and Dorset beaches. The local train station is just a ten minute drive away which is served by buses to/from the stop opposite the scheme.
Local shops are a short walk and offer a wide range of amenities, including a post office, a doctors surgery, supermarkets, shops and restaurants.
The town centre is accessible by foot or by the local bus service. Poole hospital is one mile from Dalcross House and Poole town centre is a short ten minute bus ride away offering extensive shopping facilities and an attractive quayside and coastline.
Additional benefits at Dalcross House include:
- A laundry room onsite.
- The 'Sea View Point and Park', opposite Dalcross House, has lovely views across Poole bay (a favourite spot to watch the annual fireworks from).
- Guest suite for visitors to stop for a period of time (nominal charges apply)
- Residents of Dalcross House arrange their own activities and social events, which include bingo, musical performances, day trips and coffee mornings.
- A large community day room sporting kitchen facilities for residents (available for hire*)
- Large communal gardens with indoor and outdoor seating areas
- A guest suite for visitors wishing to stay for a period of time (nominal charge)
- Private parking for residents and visitors (limited availability)
- A communal boiler means residents don’t have the worry of arranging their own gas provider. Instead there is a weekly charge for heating and hot water (at an additional charge to the rent)
* The community room at Dalcross House is available for hire by external agencies. Please contact us for more information on: 01202 319119
When you’re a resident in one of our Retirement Living schemes you’re provided with a level of support that enables you to remain living independently however, living in a Stonewater property is different to residing in a general needs property. All Retirement Living residents receive the following as part of their tenancy with us:
- A community alarm service for out of hours support (managed 24/7)
- Housing-related support which assists residents to remain independent at home. Our Service Delivery Officers are available to signpost residents to other agencies as needed to help sustain independence.
- Effective housing management and tenancy sustainment services – our Service Delivery Officers can act as mediator between Stonewater, assisting with housing services Eg rent or problems with neighbours
- Low level support services that provide improved health and wellbeing.
- Health and Safety building checks.
Applicants for a flat in this scheme will need to undertake an eligibility assessment.
For more information about this scheme please call us on 01202 319119
Dalcross House, 541 Ashley Road Parkstone Dorset BH14 0BE