Housing for Older People – Retirement Living
Stonewater offers housing and support for older people who want to live independently in their own home but need additional support.
We occasionally have some homes available which we can let directly.
We understand that residents have unique requirements and that moving home can be difficult.
We will listen to you and your family’s needs, and make every effort to match you with the home and services to suit your personal circumstances and lifestyle preferences.
Who is eligible?
Our homes are available to anyone over 55. However, if you have a mental or physical disability, and you are over 50, we will consider your application.
What we offer
All our properties are independent, self-contained flats or bungalows designed for secure independence and peace of mind. All properties have their own kitchen and bathroom.
Our homes are designed to support the needs of older residents, including:
- special adaptations for wheelchair users
- support staff available to help residents to live independently and access a range of services
- a community alarm system (provided at most of our homes) which automatically alerts support staff at a central control centre if residents need help in an emergency
- communal rooms such as a lounge, laundry room or hairdresser’s
- staff who maintain buildings and gardens
How to apply to become a resident
You can apply for most Stonewater Retirement Living homes using choice-based lettings system via from your local council. If you would like to be added to the waiting lists, contact us.