Fair Processing Notice
This notice is provided to residents, applicants and stakeholders under the Data Protection Act 1998 for the purposes of sharing and processing information within the Stonewater group of companies. Stonewater recognises that individuals have a right to privacy and to expect that all personal information about them will be handled sensitively and confidentially and in accordance with law.
The processing of information is necessary for the legitimate interests of the registered providers (and subsidiary companies*) within Stonewater, and will be balanced against the interests of the data subject. Collectively, Stonewater owns over 26,000 homes across England and is one of the UK’s most significant social housing providers both in terms of the properties owned and geographical spread. Stonewater employs approximately 800 people in its offices across three divisions; West, South and North & East.
Stonewater provides a range of general needs, homes for older people, leasehold schemes, supported housing including foyers and women’s refuges, as well as shared ownership properties giving first time buyers an opportunity to take their first step on the housing ladder.
In collating, processing and sharing data, Stonewater will be able to:
- Administer and maintain records about tenancies;
- Improve accessibility for residents;
- Ensure that the service offered is the most appropriate service for the needs of residents, applicants and stakeholders;
- Respond to any queries;
- Update our systems for enhanced core service provision;
- Promote financial inclusion;
- Register rental data with credit referencing agencies;
- Liaise with local authority departments such as Housing Benefits and Supporting People teams;
- Enable us to consult you and keep you informed by post, telephone or email;
- Encourage customer engagement and community development;
- Use information about you for the purposes of research and statistical analysis;
- Disclose information to collection agencies and legal representatives for the purpose of collecting rents or other monies owed to Stonewater;
- Confer with utility companies to ensure utility charges are directed to those responsible;
- Manage information about you in response to legislative/court orders.
- Recruit applicants and manage employee contracts.
- Engage and liaise with consultants, contractors and suppliers to deliver goods and services.
The type of data held by Stonewater will include:
- Personal details
- Supplier details
- Financial information
- Employment details
- Health, safety and security details
- Visual images
- Physical or mental health details
- Sensitive information i.e. physical/mental health details, criminal proceedings, outcomes and sentences, racial or ethnic origin, trade union membership, religious or other beliefs, sexual life, offences and alleged offences.
These list are not exhaustive but are provided to give an indication of the type of information and purpose for which it may be shared.
There may also be instances where we will transfer personal data overseas to countries within the EEA or to companies who have signed up to the US Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Scheme, for example for computer software support, and any such transfers would be actioned in compliance with the Data Protection Act.
If you have any queries in this regard, please contact Christine Davison on 01926 459406 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For details of the full ICO registrations for the Stonewater group of companies, please access these online at ico.org.uk and ‘search the register’.
ICO Registration Number
Stonewater (2) Ltd
Stonewater (3) Ltd
Stonewater (4) Ltd
Stonewater (5) Ltd
The subsidiary companies are not registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as they currently do not process personal data. However, should the need arise to share personal data with these entities, Stonewater will notify the ICO.
Stonewater Procurement Ltd
Stonewater Commercial Ltd
Stonewater Funding Plc