Digital Inclusion Volunteers
Bedford, Leominster, Milton Keynes, Southampton, Salisbury, Paignton and Eastbourne
We’re looking for people who can help us to promote digital inclusion amongst older people and create opportunities to increase their learning and wider understanding of the benefits of using computers and the internet. You should be an excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills and an ability to teach and motivate others.
We need volunteers who can help co-ordinate digital inclusion days and run sessions to promote the use of technology, helping to guide and support individuals.
You will help to develop initiatives that encourage sign-up to online training programmes, as well as promoting the Stonewater online payment of rents and repair reporting.
This is a great opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles. A full induction will be provided, together with access to core e-learning training and one-to-one supervision. You can volunteer from just one hour a week.
The role involves working with vulnerable adults and as such Stonewater will require appropriate background checks, ie via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
• We can give you an opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others increase their social contacts and benefit from an improved range of social activity
• An opportunity to gain new experiences
• We provide a full induction
• Excellent core e-learning training and additional training relevant to the role. Example training includes understanding the risk factors and impact of social exclusion on an older adult
• One-to-one supervision
• A volunteer agreement would be jointly put together to establish what both Stonewater and you wish to get out of your volunteer experience
• We will cover out-of-pocket expenses
If you are interested in applying, please complete and return the application form - indicating which area you are interested in - and email to email@example.com