Digital Inclusion Volunteers
Are you Digital Savvy? ….. Yes then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a great opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles. A full induction will be provided, together with access to core e-learning training and one-to-one supervision. You can volunteer from just one hour a week.
We need volunteers who can help co-ordinate digital inclusion days and run sessions to promote the use of technology, helping to guide and support individuals.
You will help to develop initiatives that encourage sign-up to online training programmes, as well as promoting the Stonewater online payment of rents and repair reporting.
What you will be involved in;
• Run sessions to guide individuals to and promote take-up of Stonewater on-line payment of rent and repair reporting, and other electronically available Stonewater activity
• Upskill residents on how to complete online shopping
• Create initiatives that will promote health information and advice through improved knowledge and access by individuals of NHS Choices website
• Encourage residents to go on-line to book GP appointments and other health related appointments
• Identify and create a directory of online communities for individuals to access
• Assist with digital inclusion taster days for residents
• Register with Learn My Way and become familiarised with its training and support programmes
• Create solutions that encourage individuals to use the computer i.e. register with “Learn My Way” and “My NHS Choices”
Whats in it for you;
• We can give you an opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles
• An opportunity to gain new experience
• We provide a full induction
• Excellent core e-learning training and additional training relevant to the role including NVQ’s
• One-to-one supervision
• We will cover out-of-pocket expenses
• Funding for training provided
This will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
Interested? Apply through our portal
Please follow the link below to complete your volunteer application form. Make sure you select which areas interest you so that we can look for the most suitable opportunities.
Digital Inclusion Volunteer DescriptionDownload