Community Engagement Volunteer
Interested in Supporting your Community? ….. Yes then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
This is a great opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles. A full induction will be provided, together with access to core e-learning training and one-to-one supervision. You can volunteer from just one hour a week.
We’re looking for someone who is a strong listener and an excellent communicator, with outstanding interpersonal skills and a natural ability to teach and motivate others.We want a volunteer who can help older people to overcome barriers to participate in social, cultural and leisure opportunities along with other activities that will enhance their enjoyment, independence and quality of life.
What you will be involved in:
• Identify, build and maintain contacts and relationships with organisations that provide community services to older people; developing a database of local community, voluntary and statutory agencies
• Establish and build relationships with identified individuals to assist them in accessing support and other local services to enable them to participate in community activities
• Helping and encouraging individuals to take actions you have agreed with them; measuring successes as you go and producing example case studies. The focus will be on confidence building and working with individuals to overcome any barriers to participation
• Accompanying individuals to social, leisure and other community appointments where additional support is needed on a short-term basis
• Refer individuals to ‘ageing well and health engagement volunteer’ as needed
What’s in it for you?
• We can give you an opportunity to support your local community, meet some amazing people and help others live healthier lifestyles
• An opportunity to gain new experience
• We provide a full induction
• Excellent core e-learning training and additional training relevant to the role including NVQ’s
• One-to-one supervision
• We will cover out-of-pocket expenses
• Funding for training provided
Appointment to this role will be subject to a satisfactory, Disclosure and Barring Service Check, satisfactory references and possession of a valid Right to Work document.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunities and is working towards developing a diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
Interested? Apply through our portal
Please follow the link below to complete your volunteer application form. Make sure you select which areas interest you so taht we can look for the most suitable opportunities.
Community Engagement Volunteer DescriptionDownload