Project Assistant - Sleep-ins / Waking Nights x3 (Part Time)
Project Assistant 3x (Part Time)
Young People’s Project
Radnor Lodge, Swindon
£11,212 pa (1x 23 hours pw)
£10,725 pa (2x 22 hours pw)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Assistant to join our Swindon Young People Services, providing supported accommodation to young people aged between 16-25.
You will work as part of a team to provide high quality housing and support services to clients and residents. In addition, you will support the Project Manager with collating performance data and information,
Key accountabilities and measures;
- To assist in the interview process for applicants for the Foyer assessing them as to their suitability and obtaining necessary information from other authorised sources e.g. Housing, social Services, College.
- To work positively yet firmly with young people by maximising income, paying rent, managing repairs and anti-social behaviour.
- To provide support for the Seniors and Coaches by reviewing rents and service charges; ensuring residents records are kept up to date, updating diary and other logs, providing administrative support as required.
- To liaise with the Coaches to discuss issues relating to individual residents accounts.
- To assist the Senior Project Worker in move-ons and voids, liaising with contractors, staff and ensuring that rooms due to be let are of an acceptable standard.
- To complete Health and Safety audits/reports and deal with actions appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance of both local authority and Stonewater Safeguarding policies and procedures and appropriately manage safeguarding issues ensuring excellent safeguarding practice is embedded within your work.
Skills and Experience;
The successful candidate will have;
- Demonstrable experience in supporting young and vulnerable people within a similar role.
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to motivate, influence and inspire your clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on your audience and required outcome.
- The ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities at any one time.
- The ability to be methodical with highly developed organisation and prioritisation skills combined with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- The ability to demonstrate a supportive approach to vulnerable young people maintaining dignity and respect.
- A comprehensive understanding of professional boundaries together with a high level of personal integrity
- The ability to proactively demonstrate a strong commitment to Equality and Diversity and work in a manner that is inclusive.
Due to the nature of the role you will be flexible in your approach, occasionally providing support to our other young people schemes across Swindon. This role currently requires the successful candidate to work sleep-in night shifts, however Swindon Young People’s Services are moving to a waking night rota, where the full duties outlined in the job description will need to be performed. Further details on waking nights are available on request.
The role involves working with vulnerable young people and adults and as such, Stonewater will require appropriate background checks, via the Disclosure and Baring Service, as well as references that are deemed satisfactory by the company.
Stonewater manages around 31,500 homes in England for over 65,000 customers, including affordable properties for general rent, shared ownership and sale, alongside specialist accommodation such as retirement and supported living schemes for older and vulnerable people, Foyers and women’s refuges.
Our bold house-building programme of 2,800 new homes by 2022 is driven by our vision of everyone having the opportunity to have a place they can call home.
We offer an opportunity work for a leading social housing provider who transforms people’s lives; where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
With an ambitious strategy, we’re poised for further growth and success, so if you’re committed, talented and passionate, Stonewater is the right place for you.
To apply for a position;
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV. We will then ask you to complete our safer recruitment application form.
Due to the high number of applications Stonewater receives, it is unfortunate that we are not able to contact everyone directly. If you are successful, and we wish to progress your application further, we will be in contact within four weeks of the closing date.
Stonewater supports equality of opportunity and continually works towards developing an increasingly diverse workforce. We welcome all applications.
Closing date: Thursdasy 18 January
To apply, please complete the application form before the closing deadline and email to email@example.com
Job references: 0678